Boardwalk Volkswagen has a "Green Service Department?"
Yes we do! Boardwalk Volkswagen has made many initiatives to make sure that we make the smallest environmental impact that we can. We care about the environment by running our business in a socially responsible way:
- Solar Power - We are doing our part across the Bay by charge the majority of their electric vehicles off of their 30 kW solar array. Our external dealership lights have been changed to LEDs, and when combined with the solar, their energy usage from the grid has dropped by almost 90%.
- Clean Oil Changes - When traditional gas powered cars come in for an oil change, we do all we can to protect the environment. Due to the fact that Boardwalk is right on the Smith Slough, we are very cautious. All of our tanks for new and used motor oil are stored above ground, to ensure that nothing is leaking into the ground water and into the bay.
- Recycling - Old tires, old oil, and anything that can be, is sent to the recyclers.
Keep your Volkswagen in tip-top shape!
Boardwalk Volkswagen in Redwood City has what it takes to keep your car or SUV running in fine form. Not only are we always running auto service specials to keep your vehicle maintenance and repair costs low, but our factory trained auto technicians have what it takes to repair your Volkswagen correctly, the first time.We strive for excellent service every time you visit us! So what makes us different?
- Boardwalk customers are twice as likely to return for service than our competition.
- Boardwalk employs mostly master techs; these are the factory trained mechanics who know your car inside and out.
- A personal service consultant to guide you through the process.
- Our numbers show we fix it right the first time, the majority of the time.
- We offer Express Services while you wait.
- We have a shuttle service available.
- Hertz Rental car has an office on site for your convenience!
- Now open Sundays!
- Use of Genuine Volkswagen Car Parts.
- When you need service, just make an appointment with our handy online scheduler.
- Do you want to receive service reminders via email? Just bring your vehicle in for service, and be sure to give your email address to the service advisor. We'll take care of the rest!
We know Volkswagen vehicles. That's how our service department offers top-of-the-line automotive service to our customers. Our state-of-the-art Bay Area Volkswagen facility features the most current diagnostic and repair equipment available, and our factory-trained VW technicians will deliver the most efficient and quality vehicle care.
After we've worked so hard to earn your business, we intend to keep it. So, we've built an automotive service division that our customers consider second-to-none.
Although Volkswagen vehicles are known for their exceptional quality and reliability, we are always here to provide you with expert service and advice. There is nothing more important than a competent technician. One of the dealers' biggest assets is our Factory Trained Technicians using the latest digital technology to diagnose and repair your vehicle using only genuine OEM Volkswagen replacement parts.
Our technicians will fix it right the first time. In addition to passing the rigorous Volkswagen Certification Program, many of our technicians are also certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and they use state-of-the-are equipment and tools designed especially for your Volkswagen as well as genuine Volkswagen Parts that are designed to keep your vehicle working at Volkswagen high-quality levels.
The Volkswagen Technician Certification program requires completion of Volkswagen specialized, state-of-the-art training as well as rigorous exams through both Volkswagen and the National Institute for automotive Service Excellence (ASE). We have an ongoing training program for the service staff, which includes not only the service technicians but also the service manager, advisers and support staff. We can handle warranty repairs on all Volkswagen vehicles.
Helpful Hints for Volkswagen Owners
Your vehicle represents a significant investment, and taking an active role in maintaining your vehicle will help you protect this investment. Proper maintenance will help extend the life of your Volkswagen and preserve its value. In addition to helping you avoid costly repairs down the road, regular maintenance will optimize your Volkswagen performance, safety and fuel efficiency.
- The most important thing you can do to keep your Volkswagen running well is to change the engine oil on schedule.
- Replace worn out wiper blades will ensure that you have a clear view of the road under all conditions.
- Inspect your brakes at regular intervals according to your Volkswagen recommended maintenance schedules.
- Keep an eye on tire pressure - losing just a few pounds of pressure in your tires can hurt fuel economy and shorten tire life significantly.
- Read your Volkswagen Owner's Manual. It will tell you everything you need to know about your vehicle.
- Bring your Volkswagen in for maintenance at least once every 6 months. This ensures that your car is running at top shape and that no serious problems will arise down the road that could have been prevented with a simple check-up.
Boardwalk Volkswagen is a distributor of Factory-Certified Volkswagen Parts and Accessories. Genuine or OEM Volkswagen parts are specifically designed to provide the safety and service life you expect form Volkswagen.
Manufacturer recommended auto parts are an important part of maintaining your Volkswagen's optimum performance. We offer the same high quality parts your vehicle was built with, and we keep a large inventory of these certified car parts in stock in Redwood City. If you'd like to order a part, you can simply fill out our online parts form.
Visit DriverGear and check out our full line of real Volkswagen Accessories and Volkswagen branded merchandise.